Picture the look on mom's face when she receives the perfect Mother's Day gift. Is it flowers? A box of chocolates? Maybe a funny card?
No! It's the most valuable gift of all... quality time spent with her family.
If you're trying to find a way to show mom how much you care, check out these six ways to make Mother's Day special.
Hakuna Matata River Cruise
What does mom need more than the gift of relaxation? Let the Mother’s Day Sunset Cruise on the Hakuna Matata from Grafton Harbor carry all of her worries away with two hours of gorgeous river views and drink specials including Mimosas, Mommaritas and chilled Prosecco. Tour is Saturday, May 8 from 6 to 8 p.m. Or celebrate with the family on a one hour Mother's Day Cruise, Sunday, May 9 from 2 to 3 p.m.
Call (618) 786-7678 for reservations.
What mom really deserves is a break. Give her the gift of escaping her daily stresses with this luxurious getaway where the spa comes to you!
The Beall Mansion an Elegant Bed and Breakfast Inn delivers the royal treatment with their In-Room Spa Getaway package. This deal features your choice of an elegant guest room, therapeutic full-body massage for two in the privacy of your room, hydrating treatments, a complimentary plush robe and a bottle of homemade lavender bath salts to keep!
Mom will wake up feeling beautiful and relaxed while enjoying continental or gourmet breakfast.
For reservations, pricing or more information, call the Beall Mansion at (618) 474-9100 or click here.
Click here to see all of our deals and special packages!
The beautiful views from the terrace and dining room at Pere Marquette Lodge & Conference Center will be the perfect setting for a Mother’s Day Brunch Sunday, May 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Let someone else do the cooking and enjoy the huge array of food options, featuring made-to-order omelets, carving stations, unique and traditional selections of side dishes, salads and dessert including a banana’s foster station!
Adults 12 and up are $29.95, children ages four to 11 are $10.95 and children under three are free. Reservations are recommended for parties of six or more. Call (618) 786-2331 ext. 502 for more information or to make reservations.
After, explore the trails of Pere Marquette State Park, sit on the grass and enjoy the spring weather or discover the displays of the Visitors Center telling the stories of famous explorers and the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers.
Pere Marquette Lodge & Conference Center
4. A Night at the Movies
Pack up the kids and hop in the car for a throwback movie night at Litchfield's Sky View Drive-In. On Friday and Saturday night The Crood's 2 will show on the outdoor big screen. And in honor of Mother's Day, American Graffitti will be shown on Sunday, May 9. Movie time is 8:05 p.m. Bring your pre-1979 car to the show and receive one free entry!
5. Dance, Dance, Dance
Is Mom a fan of live music? Take her to Aerie's Resort and enjoy live music all weekend long for a Mother's Day to remember! Take a seat at the outdoor tables at the new Tree Bar, have lunch or dinner at The Winery at Aerie's Resort and enjoy some of the most magnificent views in the Midwest. The best part? A ride to the resort on board the SkyTour open air chair lift or enclosed gondolas. Make it an overnight with rooms at Aerie's Lodge.
More treats for mom:
- Get Mom out of the kitchen and indulge her with a famous secret recipe dinner. Treat her to Castelli's Restaurant at 255's fried chicken!
- How about a road trip along the Mother Road on Mother's Day? Take her shopping at the Pink Elephant Antique Mall, an iconic Route 66 stop. After hours browsing the aisle after aisle of collectibles at the mall, treat her to a sweet treat at the Twistee Treat Diner or vintage candy at the adjacent Candy Store. Want more? How about dinner at the famous Ariston Cafe in Litchfield, one of the oldest standing restaurants on the Mother Road. Or stop in at Jubelt's for made-from-scratch baked goods, chocolate dipped strawberries and much more.
- Treat mom to gourmet comfort food at Edwardsville's Cleveland-Heath restaurant. The laid back atmosphere and farm-to-table menu is sure to delight.
- Stop by Kruta Bakery in Collinsville and pick up fresh baked coffee cakes, stollens and surprise Mom with breakfast in bed. Or take her out to lunch at Old Herald Brewery & Distillery and treat her to top-notch craft beer and infused distilled spirits along with a delicious flatbread, sandwich or rib dinner.
- Looking for a new place to take Mom for lunch or dinner. Check out our restaurant page here.