Great Rivers and Routes Tourism Bureau is a destination marketing organization which represents Madison, Macoupin, Montgomery, Jersey, Calhoun and Greene counties in southwest Illinois. Founded in 1985 as the Alton Regional Convention and Visitors Bureau, the bureau transitioned to Great Rivers and Routes Tourism Bureau in 2018 as the size and scope of the organization grew. The Great Rivers and Routes region is the only place where the Mother Road of Route 66 meets the Great River Road. The region celebrates three of the nation’s great rivers (the Mississippi, Missouri and Illinois) alongside famous roads, history and small town charm. The bureau is certified by the Illinois Office of Tourism.
Advance the overall destination experience and awareness for Madison, Macoupin, Montgomery, Jersey, Calhoun and Greene counties, in collaboration with community stakeholders, to strengthen the local economy and quality of life.
Provide world-class destination management and marketing leadership that improves this region’s quality of life and economic vitality.
Our Core Values
- Commitment to excellence, professionalism and fiscal responsibility
- Open and transparent communications
- Consistency and fairness in all relationships
- Encouragement of initiative, innovation, and the expression of ideas
- Promotion of collaborative and cooperative efforts with community partners and stakeholders