Don't Worry -- Travel Safely in Great Rivers & Routes
Looking for a safe, healthy weekend getaway, staycation or simply in the market for some new scenery?
The Great Rivers & Routes region of southwest Illinois has just what you need while meeting your needs for safety and wide open spaces.
Keeping guest health concerns a top priority has been key for many of the businesses in the six county region. Restaurants, attractions, retail shops and hotels have all taken extra steps to ensure safety protocols are in place.
Don't forget -- bring your masks and hand sanitizer. But most of all, bring your enthusiasm for all the region has to offer.
Area hotels, guest houses and more are taking extra steps to ensure the safety and comfort of all overnight visitors. Best Western Premier in Alton has implemented a five-step 24-hour "Stay Safe" program for all guest rooms. The popular breakfast buffet at the restaurant has been replaced with a "Grab N Go" breakfast. The hotel fitness center and indoor pool are currently closed, However, the onsite restaurant, Great Rivers Tap & Grill is open for dining including outdoor options, curbside and carryout.
Litchfield's Hampton Inn has developed safety protocols including installing plexiglass at the front desk, implementing pre-packaged grab and go breakfasts and stationing bottles of hand sanitizer throughout the hotel. Staff wear masks and a paperless check in system has been implemented.
Check out the safety protocols of these area hotels:
- Best Western Premier Alton St. Louis
- Hampton Inn Litchfield
- Aerie's Resort
- Drury Inn Collinsville
- Hampton Inn Collinsville
For more information on specific hotel safety procedures, please contact the individual hotel.
Outdoor dining is available at most bars and restaurants in the six county Great Rivers & Routes region. All have implemented state guidelines for dining.
Parking lots, sidewalks and in some areas, streets have been closed, to enhance outdoor dining seating.
This is the perfect time of year to explore area wineries, take a river cruise or enjoy a day visiting local orchards and roadside stands to sample fresh fruits and more. And the best part, you can stay safe while enjoying some great fun!
- Live theater in all its glory is available at Alton Little Theater. Look over the theater's health and safety protocols here.
- Take a cruise aboard the Hakuna Matata excursion boat along the Mississippi and Illinois rivers. Find out more about safety protocols here.
- Enjoy a glass, okay we might need two, of wine at Grafton Winery & Brewhaus and Grafton Winery The Vineyards. Safety measures are in place.
- Take a stroll through Edwardsville's Liberty Apple Orchard where the fruit is just waiting to be picked. Fourteen different varieties of apples are available throughout September and October so you can go back as often as you like! Check out their health protocols here.
- Soar through the air with Grafton SkyTour and Grafton Zipline Adventures at Aerie's Resort. It's safe, fun and relaxing. Health protocols are available here.