Fresh Produce & More at Farmers Market
From fresh grown local produce to hand crafted works of art and antique finds.
Fresh produce. Local meats, eggs and more. Hand crafted products. Those are just a few of the things available at area Farmers Markets in southwest Illinois. Take your pick of locations and markets!
Farmers Markets Delights!
Saturday mornings are more interesting in Alton and Edwardsville with the morning Farmers Markets in each community.
Discover an unending supply of locally grown produce, fresh foods and locally crafted products at the Alton Farmers and Artisans Market in Alton and the Land of Goshen Market in Edwardsville. Both are long time favorites of local residents and feature great vendors along with entertainment and themed shopping events.
The Alton Farmers and Artisans Market is located in the parking lot at the corner of Landmarks Blvd. and Henry St. in downtown Alton. It runs each Saturday starting in May and continuing through Oct. 15 from 8 a.m. to Noon.
TheLand of Goshen Market starts the first Saturday of May and runs through Oct. 15 from 8 a.m. to Noon
And There's More
Here are some more area farmers markets that are great resources for locally sourced products:
- Bethalto Market in the Park. Held each Sunday from May through October in Bethalto's Central Park, the market features fresh produce, artisan crafts and more. Market hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Brighton Farmer's Market - Every Thursday in Schneider Park from April through Oct. 2. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Carlinville Market Days - First Saturday of the month on the downtown square from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- East Alton Farmer's Market - Every Tuesday in Eastgate Plaza from April through October 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Herald Square Farmer's Market - Second and Fourth Thursday of each month through Sept. 8 beside Old Herald Brewery & Distillery. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Hillsboro Farmer's Market on the Square - First and Third Saturdays in Lincoln Plaza on the square. 9 a.m. to Noon
- Jersey County Farmers & Artisans Market - Every Tuesday from June through September in the Outrageous Outdoors parking lot. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Maryville Farmer's Market - First, Third and Fifth Thursdays of each month from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Route 66 Creamery Market Days - Third Saturday of each month through October. Noon to 4 p.m.
- Melting Pot Market - First Saturday of the month through October in Civic Park, Granite City. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wood River Farmer's Market - Every Thursday from July through September in downtown Wood River. 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Check out the Events page for more information.