Cool off in the sparkling waters of Raging Rivers Water Park this summer and enjoy fun in the sun, and outdoor time with the kids and family.
And raising the level of enjoyment, are new safety and health conscious measures designed to create a safe environment for all. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, strong safety and sanitation measures have been implemented by park staff bringing a new level of relaxation to the facility.
What's new at the park this year? When it officially opens for the season Friday, June 26, Raging Rivers will feature various preventative and safety measures in line with recommendations from local, county, and state officials as well as the Centers for Disease Control.
"We are looking forward to doing our part to reopen Raging Rivers Safely," Donna Morgan, general manager said.
Those measures include:
- 6-foot social distancing markings at entries to the park, at individual rides and at food service areas;
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing;
- Food service and other customer-facing staff are required to wear gloves and masks and frequent hand washing;
- Attendance caps to control the number of guests allowed in each day
- Limiting number of tables and chairs around the food service areas;
- Fewer lounge and sand chairs surrounding the pools.
Plan for an exceptional experience at Raging Rivers and be sure to explore all the park has to offer. From the Cascade Body Flumes to the Run-A-Way Raft ride there is fun for all ages. The little ones can enjoy Itty Bitty Surf City and Tree House Harbor. For adults looking for relaxation, travel the Endless River.
Raging Rivers offers great views of the nearby Mississippi River and is the only water park in the area perched on the banks of the river.
"We expect that families themselves will practice some social distancing between them and other family groups," Donna Morgan noted. "Raging Rivers Water Park will follow all guidelines of the Illinois Department of Public Health, Jersey County Health Department and the CDC, to protect our staff as well as our guests."
Raging Rivers Water Park is open seven days a week (weather permitting) from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.