Search

River Icon

Benjamin Godfrey Chapel

5800 Godfrey Road, Godfrey, IL 62035

(618) 466-3411

1 of 2 Photos

Back To Previous Page

Overview

Red Diamonds

Host your wedding ceremony in a historic setting at the Benjamin Godfrey Chapel. Originally called Monticello, the village of Godfrey was named for a Massachusetts sea captain, Benjamin Godfrey. In order to give his daughters a Christian education, Godfrey founded the Monticello Seminary in 1838. One of the more rapidly growing Illinois community colleges, Lewis & Clark Community College, now calls the Monticello campus home. Located on the campus, the Benjamin Godfrey Chapel, built in 1854, has become a landmark in the community. This church has been designated as one of only six churches outside of the northeastern United States that are authentic copies of New England church architecture and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

There are two aisles in the chapel with no center aisle. It seats 250 people and can be rented for weddings. 

Location

Red Diamonds