Where to Stay
Solar Eclipse 2024
What are you doing on April 8, 2024? Take part in the celebrations around the upcoming Great North American Solar Eclipse -- nature's greatest show -- in southwest Illinois.
Head to Herald Square in Collinsville to witness this natural wonder at our Eclipse Viewing Party from Noon to 3 p.m.
Eclipse Viewing Party - Noon to 3 p.m.
Let's have some fun and enjoy one of nature's natural phenomena.
Old Herald Brewery & Distillery will be brewing a special Solar Shandy just for this occasion. They are also collaborating with Big Muddy Brewery to create a Dark Noon Whiskey. That's two unique drinks to honor the eclipse! The brewery will also offer commemorative pint glasses free with purchase of the Solar Shandy or Dark Noon Whiskey.
Enjoy FREE Eclipse Viewing Eye Protection, activities for all ages, shopping opportunities with local vendors, music, and more.
Among the fun enjoy these activities sponsored by the Great Rivers & Routes Tourism Bureau are:
- The Bubble Bus
- TreeHouse Wildlife Center will showcase a native raptor
- Watch a Fire Performer create magic with flames
Also on hand will be vendors including:
- Uptown Scoops will offer a frozen custard specialty for the eclipse -- Moon Pie Custard. This Banana Cream Custard is paired with Moon Pie pieces and drizzled with a chocolate hard shell.
- AP Cigars will sell cigars from around the world.
- Moon Drops will offer samples of its seltzer water and have cans available for purchase.
- Lawn Games for all ages
- City of Collinsville will have an information table with activities for kids
- The Collinsville Library will have a fun activity for all
You don't want to miss the fun. The next solar eclipse won't be visible in the U.S. until 2044!
Bookmark this page for more fun activities as we get closer to this amazing natural event.
Things to Do
Mar 28th, 2024
Apr 4th, 2024
Apr 5th, 2024
Apr 5th, 2024
Apr 7th, 2024
Apr 8th, 2024