Harkey House305 S. Broad St.
Hillsboro, Illinois 62049
Built by Hillsboro pioneer Solomon Harkey for his family in 1834, the two story Federal Style home is the oldest remaining structure in Hillsboro. Originally located one block north of its present site, the house was saved from demolition in 1968 and opened to the public after extensive renovation in 1979. Furnished inside with period furniture and historically significant pieces, the house is open for group tours.