Light Up the Holidays in Jerseyville
The holiday lights come on in Jerseyville this season.
Downtown Jerseyville is the place to be to get into holiday spirit on Saturday, Nov. 27.
The Seventh Annual Downtown Country Christmas Festival will officially kick off at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 27 when State Street in downtown Jerseyville is transformed into a winter wonderland full of Christmas delights. Families can enjoy a variety of activities including:
- Watch the lighting of the city’s Christmas Tree
- Live entertainment featuring The Muny Kids.
- 40 artists' and vendors' booths at the Christmas Craft Bazaar
- Santa's arrival at Lion's Club Park
- Kids Activities at City Center Park including carnival games, inflatables,
- Rudolph’s Red Nose Lighted Parade
- Lighting of the Bright Nights Tree -- a 22-foot lighted tree with dancing lights synchronized to holiday tunes -- at Dolan Park
- Musical stylings of Carl and Jim Magar under Pavillion 1 at Dolan Park
- S'mores around the campfires at Dolan Park
And there's more! Every evening through Christmas, enjoy the Bright Nights displays in the downtown business district. Stroll down State Street and see the magical holiday window displays. Then be sure to drive by the Jersey County Courthouse and enjoy the Bright Nights Tree in Dolan Park. the 22-foot lighted tree dances to synchronized holiday tunes.